Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a good weekend and celebrated the start of the New Year as they hoped to have. I think this was my favourite quiz of them all to make up as it was fun to look back over the year and see all the things that happened. Anyway, here are the answers:
1. Who did Novak Djokovic beat in the men’s final at Wimbledon?
2. The February number one ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ was taken from which Disney film?
3. Who did Ronnie O’Sullivan beat in the final of the 2022 World Snooker Championship in Sheffield?
4. Who did Will Smith slap at the Oscars?
5. In January the first successful human heart transplant using a donor heart from which type of animal took place?
6. Which of these was not made a city in 2022 as part of the Platinum Jubilee?
a) Alnwick b) Dunfermline c) Wrexham
7. Which country won the 2022 Rugby Union Six Nations Championship?
8. Which famous actor, known for his role in ‘Minder’ for which he sang the theme tune passed away in May?
9. In which sport did Eve Muirhead lead her team to gold in the 2022 Winter Olympics?
10. Which BBC Two music show reached its’ 30th year of broadcasting?
(Later… with Jools Holland)
11. How many days did Liz Truss last as Prime Minister?
12. Though not yet in law, in April, a proposed update to the Highway Code will allow drivers of self-driving cars to watch television on inbuilt screens.
a) True b) False
13. In July the former Prime Minister of which major country was assassinated whilst giving a public speech?
14. Which famous actor, known for her role as a mystery writer and amateur detective passed away in October?
15. Which long-running medical drama aired its final episode in March, after 23 years on our screens?
Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed having these quizzes to do over the month.
Good luck in future draws everyone 🙂