So far, Everyday Plastics has 85k signatures on their petition to remove plastic packaging from supermarket fruit and veg, and many of those are thanks to you all.
And not only did you help with signing the petition, but you’re answers on the survey draw helped them to discover that:
- Trying to live with less plastic is important to 70% of respondents
- 94% of those are doing so to reduce their impact on the environment
- 76% use a refillable water bottle, 73% buy loose fruit & vegetables, and 89% use reusable bags
Back in July, Everyday Plastic held a Plastic Free July. Everyone’s help and commitment during July proved that tackling the plastic problem we have in the UK is important to many. And we agree that it’s now high time that the government, supermarkets and big brands did their part to solve the problem too.
If you didn’t already sign the petition, you can do so now and maybe we can help them hit 100k signatures.
If you enjoyed this, you might enjoy these:
- Support the #Chooseloose campaign
- Support SLOW and Help Stop Fast Fashion
- Help Save Bees from Deadly Pesticides